What do people fear the most? Failure and Rejection. But if we develop a vaccine to be immune to it’s effects, we can shake it off and move on.
In John Maxwell’s book Failing Forward, he said that we should “Realize that there is one major difference between average people and achieving people… it’s their perception of and response to failure. Maxwell gives a new definition of failure. Failure is not…
- You will learn lessons.
- There are no mistakes—only lessons.
- A lesson is repeated until it is learned.
- If you don’t learn the lessons, they get harder. Pain is one way the universe gets your attention.
- You’ll know you’ve learned a lesson when your actions change.
2.) An Event
- Success is not an event, it’s a process. Same thing with failure.
3.) An Objective
- The average for entrepreneurs is 3.8 failures before they finally make it in business. They are not deterred by problems, mistakes, and errors.
- “You are the only person who can label what you do a failure.”
4.) The Enemy
- Treat failure as a friend and he will tell you things you need to know.
6.) A Stigma
- Mistakes are not permanent markers.
- “We get paid to produce results, we don’t get paid to be right.”
Join us in the Failing Forward Conference as we celebrate failure and move forward.
The speakers learned how to use failure to find success. They embraced failure and turned it into a friend rather than a foe. When you think about it, “3 steps forward and 2 steps back still equals 1 step forward. Fail with us today!